Night to day settings

Let's help each other to become better photographers and videographers. Tips and tricks for better photos, videos, timelapse etc. are welcome.
JoeB

June 10th, 2024, 11:53 pm

Hi All,

I have a question on setting up the Unleashed on a Nikon D850 for night to day. Want to start a TL at the first hint of morning light, then let it rip as the sun rises for several more hours. I assume the following workflow:

1. Choose LRT sunrise
2. Set my START at the preferred setting as long as the exposure is right
3. At this point since I am going into the day, do I simply set the daytime parameters to my max desired and ignore the night settings? I'm assuming that the Unleashed will inherently know that I am not shooting at night as the light rises, correct? Or am I wrong?
4. Set TV-ISO to ISO-TV
5. Ensure focus, set on manual
6 Hit go.

The big questions is will Unleashed know automatically if this is a night to day? Or do I need to set the night parameters to exactly the same as my starting parameters?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 2.40.35 PM copy.jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 2.40.35 PM copy.jpg (94.76 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
Leone

June 12th, 2024, 10:33 am

Hi everyone,
I join this chat I'm interested in the topic. I'm also trying and I believe it is always necessary to set the correct starting values, looking at the screen you posted, I think you are in manual mode, the Exposure Indicator detects an ISO value set in your camera is 80 and the Indicator of exposure says that the image is underexposed, I'll tell you what I would have tried, consider that everything is new for me too, in the starting values ​​or in the camera I would have raised the ISO value until the exposure indicator gives you the right exposure value and that becomes your starting point, I hope someone can clarify the point in order to eliminate any doubts. I would like to ask a question, I also noticed, in this case I did the test by switching from day to night with the same type of algorithm, once the starting value has been set during the transition from day to night it has a tendency to overexpose during the now blue even by a value greater than 1 stop and I have to manually intervene to reduce the overexposure: why does it behave in this way?
JoeB

June 24th, 2024, 4:40 pm

The disappointing thing is that you offer a product but have little to no documentation on its use. There are MANY people in this forum asking for help on how to set the unit up for holy grail and there has been little to no usable replies from the developers. Very disappointing.