Cannot operate a Sony A 7 IV from Unleashed

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
reinhard

October 3rd, 2024, 2:24 pm

Hi there.I have switched from Canon RP to Sony A 7 IV. Got the correct HDMI cable for the Sony to connect my Unleashed M to the Sony.
Everything worked fine on the Canon, but with the Sony I have an issue. I was able to upgrade firmware via app and Unleased connected to the Sony camera. The camera is also shown in the app as connected.
But when I try to operate the camera via the app it tells me I have the wrong USB connection type and need to change it. Well, it does not tell what it should be changed to. And I can't find any hint in any of the documentation. I have already disabled charging support via USB, and tried all possible USB behavior settings in the camera. No luck so far.
I'd apprecieate if someone here in the commuity has a hint. Would like to keep using my Unleashed.

Thanks
Reinhard
tucsonguy

October 26th, 2024, 6:45 pm

I have a similar issue with my Sony A7CR.
all settings grayed out, USB not working. Tried every possible setting.
Foolography has endlessly just asked me to read the start page and has offered no other support. When I ask about returning the product, I get no answer either.