Do you have suggestions on how to minimize power consumption?

Let's help each other to become better photographers and videographers. Tips and tricks for better photos, videos, timelapse etc. are welcome.
ascanio

September 17th, 2024, 1:12 am

Hey y'all,

am playing with my new UNLEASHED 22 (performing a comparo between a Nikon Z9 running with internal intervalometer in "Av" mode vs. a Nikon Z9 running with the UNLEASHED at the moment).
The first thing I noticed is that the Z9's display never goes off during a timelapse with the UNLEASHED on, while the Z9 automatically shuts off displays when running timelapses internally.
Over the span of 3 hours the battery on the Z9 running internal timelapse is at 75%, while the one running UNLEASHED is at 50%. The display is at default brightness.
Of course next time I will change the display brightness to minimum, but is there anything that can be done to minimize battery drain?

Considering the Z9 only has one USB-C PD input port, if I wanted to add external power I would have to purchase the Nikon dummy battery, which adds a second USB-C port, but at a cost that is close to that of a Z9 battery!!!).

Thanks and have a great time timelapsing!