No GPS data in External GPS + Smartphone Fallback Mode. (App says OK) [fixed in Beta 4]

Bugs and Issues only for the Beta version of our apps and firmware
Oliver

October 11th, 2021, 9:46 am

We'll look into it today.
Last week we did some more work on certain edge cases of Geotagging with the Android app, and did some more testing with external GPS, switching to Smartphone fallback, etc. I will ask if there were some cases (that you might have run into) that were causing trouble, that were fixed last week.

We're planning to release another Beta this week.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

October 11th, 2021, 10:33 am

Great!
I think I got my analysis right!

Haven't tested the 3th case yet: option C.
C) Set GPS data source to smartphone and external GPS device (= turned ON). Does the Unleashed and Camera have GPS?
External GPS device falling away or even not turned ON does give the problem.

There is even a 4th option!:

D) Set GPS data source to smartphone and external GPS device (= turned ON). Does the Unleashed and Camera have GPS?
I am not sure when the smartphone as GPS data source falls away and the external GPS device stays active causes the same problem.

Could be App AND FW problem!

This problem causes a new REQUEST. See new post HERE.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

October 11th, 2021, 11:16 am

I just talked to our Android developer working on this, and he confirms that he did find this same issue and fixed it last week. It will be fixed in the next release.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

October 11th, 2021, 11:22 am

Oliver wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 11:16 am
I just talked to our Android developer working on this, and he confirms that he did find this same issue and fixed it last week. It will be fixed in the next release.
Great news!

Did he/she also tested scenario D?

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!