Remember and show the camera names instead of the serial number each time the Unleasheds are offline

Bugs and Issues only for the Beta version of our apps and firmware
Unfoolishly

October 5th, 2021, 1:29 am

Hi All,

It would be nice to have the App to remember and show the camera names instead of the serial number each time the Unleasheds are offline, or not connected.
Why would the user each time be confronted with the ugly serial number in the overview screen? It would make more sense to keep track of the camera name and place that always on that location in the UI (instead of the serial number). When the user switches the Unleashed to another camera physically, you can always do a check if the remembered camera name is still the same camera. And if not, replace the camera name with the current name and remember that one as the last one for that specific Unleashed, based on the serial number.

I know this is just eye-candy, but it looks much better in the UI imho.

Could you implement that in the next BETA? I don't think it is much work to implement.

It now is very annoying to see the UI yo-yoing between camera name and serial number each time the connection gets established or gets dropped. It is much better to have less distractions in the UI as possible.

Snapshot:
Screenshot_20211005-004502.png
Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!