Connection with PINE II controller and slider

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
np252003

December 17th, 2023, 9:19 pm

Hello guys
I tried to connect unleashed 22 with Pine ii controller according to the below video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjmhbdIPj-8

The problem is that for me pine ii (found as accessories) is not green- so I can not connect
Any idea ?
klaario

December 18th, 2023, 3:03 am

We, too, are experiencing this issue.

Our N1 Unleashed '22 is running the latest firmware released just this week, and our Black Forest Motion Pine II controller is running the latest firmware that they released last week.

The Pine II does not show up in the Accessories menu in the Unleashed app for iOS. We also tested this connection running the Android version of the Unleashed app, and there still was no option to connect to the Pine II controller from the Accessories menu.
np252003

December 18th, 2023, 7:32 am

Thanks - ok, now I know that I am not the only one ...
Guys ( foolography), is it a bug issue?
mopperle

December 18th, 2023, 11:51 am

There was a discussion about the same issue in German here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1954&hilit=pine
Regards,
Otto
klaario

December 19th, 2023, 8:21 pm

@mopperle: I had already read through that forum discussion, translated to English, thank you.

I’ve reached out to Black Forest Motion, who tell me they’re working with Foolography on a solution to this issue of not being able to get the Unleashed ‘22 to make a Bluetooth connection to the Pine II controller.

Black Forest Motion have not indicated how long the resolution process will take, but they are aware of this issue.
np252003

December 19th, 2023, 10:12 pm

Perfect guys
thanks for letting me know !!
Oliver

December 22nd, 2023, 3:33 pm

So, good news!

I was notified by the guys from Blackforestmotion that the Firmware update 4.7 that adds this was released!
For some reason though, the (recommended) method of updating via wifi shows the availability of 4.7, but only installs 4.6.
They're looking into it.

However, updating via the (Windows) Firmware updater should work.

It looks like the website has not been updated with the link to 4.7:
https://blackforestmotion.com/en/downloads/

but you can download it directly here:
https://blackforestmotion.com/data/down ... 2_V4_7.bin
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
klaario

January 3rd, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thank you for that info, Oliver.

We are back from holiday travels, so now we can pick up where we left off.

We’re going to attempt to reinstall the 4.7 firmware into our Black Forest Motion Pine II controller today, and see if we can get it to connect to our Unleashed ‘22. Currently, even though we have the latest Unleashed firmware installed, the Pine II still does not show up as an available accessory in the Unleashed app menu.

We’ll report back with our findings.
Oliver

January 4th, 2024, 12:24 am

In the German thread there were reports of success - they first connected the PINE II with the Unleashed, then with the Pine App:
viewtopic.php?p=5549#p5549
Maybe that helps?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
klaario

January 11th, 2024, 8:31 am

Unfortunately, we are still having no success in pairing the Black Forest Motion Pine II to the Unleashed ‘22.

Both the Unleashed ‘22 and the Pine II are running the latest firmware as of 2024-01-10.

The Pine II simply *will not* show up in the Accessories menu in the Unleashed app.

We’ve attempted this connection on the current version of the Unleashed iOS app, the current version of the iPadOS app, as well as the current version of the Android app. We are also running the latest version of the Pine Controller app for iOS, iPadOS, and Android.

All devices are running their latest respective operating systems as well.

Also, the Pine II does not show up in the Accessories menu of the Unleashed app even if we attempt to connect to it prior to connecting the Pine II to the Black Forest Motion Pine Controller app.

When we attempt to make this connection, we’re leaving the Pine II in the so-called “Slave” mode from within the Time Lapse section of the Pine Controller app, To be thorough, we have also attempted to make the connection with the Pine II in the normal (non-“Slave”) mode, but no success either way.

All other functions of the Unleashed ‘22 and the Pine II controller are running correctly.

Since this Bluetooth connection between the Pine II and the Unleashed ‘22 is the primary reason for our purchase of both devices, it’s quite frustrating that it is not yet working.

What is the next step, please?