Device not working

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
rafalopezcastro

September 27th, 2023, 2:32 pm

I received the "UNLEASHED N2" device yesterday.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. When I insert it into the port of my NIKON Z6ii camera, nothing happens. It doesn't turn on, activate, the LED light on the device doesn't light up, and therefore, it's not recognized by the app installed on my smartphone. I don't know if the device is damaged or if there's a specific camera configuration required. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.
wyattlavigne

October 4th, 2023, 8:42 am

Ditto

Unleashed M

No lights, nada when paired to the usb port (I can power my Sony ZV-1 via USB and transfer data normally, so the USB port is working)

When I attached the supplied cable to the HDMI port of the ZV-1 I was able to power the device and subsequently pair with it, but it just stated that the USB port was not active.

Is the plug defective?
Oliver

October 4th, 2023, 1:37 pm

Two very different problems, even if the symptoms might be similar ;-)

@rafalopezcastro

On the Unleashed N2, the most typical cause for the LED staying off, is that you may have managed to insert the USB cable into the Unleashed the wrong way round! There is a slot and key that should stop you from doing so, but because the casing is plastic, it’s possible to overcome this. But we designed it so that even if you do manage, it won’t break anything - it just won’t work. The cable coming out of the plug in the Unleashed N2 needs to point toward the lens of the camera, not toward the back of the camera. Just for completeness sake: on the Unleashed M and Unleashed N1, it needs to point to the right!

@wyattlavigne
Please have a look at our https://www.foolography.com/start page, to see how to best set up your Sony, as it can be set to very different USB modes. It needs to be on PC Remote to work with the Unleashed for most use cases.
Please also update your firmware, as we have added a feature that should get the app to tell you how to set up the camera's USB mode if it's not correct.
Lastly, yes, it could also be your USB plug. Rotate it a couple of times while it's connected to the Unleashed, to clean off the contacts. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Let me know if this solves your issues!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
wyattlavigne

October 6th, 2023, 2:28 am

Thanks for your reply; it was very helpful.

I updated my Japanese ZV1 to the new 2.01 firmware and turned off a “smartphone” toggle that seemed to be blocking the PC remote function. Post that, updated the Unleashed firmware and everything is working properly now.

(My ZV1 is permanently Japanese only and I have to always hop online to figure out where to change the settings. I bought Unleashed as a work around for easily accessing toggles in English)
Oliver

October 6th, 2023, 12:18 pm

Awesome, that's great to hear!
Have fun with the Unleashed!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Tiger26

November 10th, 2023, 11:28 pm

Hi--I can't get my device to work on my Canon R5 or R6 ii. I've updated it to the newest firmware.
Attachments
IMG_5615.png
IMG_5615.png (146.99 KiB) Viewed 9619 times