Intervalometer function?

Let's help each other to become better photographers and videographers. Tips and tricks for better photos, videos, timelapse etc. are welcome.
pazoulay

November 19th, 2023, 2:49 am

Hi everyone, I am trying to see if I can the Unleashed to do something that I was thinking is rather basic. I take astro shots, on a tracker. I may want to take 3-4 shots of 2 minutes each? I see how I can use the long exposure setting to take one of these shots. But how about a larger number?
Oliver

December 1st, 2023, 10:45 am

Our TIMELAPSE feature is in reality nothing but an intervalometer with some additional information about how long a timelapse would be if you use the photos as frames for a video at a certain framerate...

But you can of course also use it for astrophoto stacks.

In the Timelapse screen, you can also use the Long exposure feature! If you tap on the area at the top with the most important settings, you'll get to a sub-screen with all the settings. Here, just set your shutterspeed to bulb and then set your long exposure setting to lets say 2:08. Go back to the Timelapse screen, and set your interval to anything above that value. Best give it some leeway, so maybe an interval of 2:10 or more.

On many cameras you could also use a FLEX interval, which will always take the next photo as soon as the previous one is done, with the minimum delay in between there.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pazoulay

December 2nd, 2023, 5:11 pm

Oliver, thanks for this.
I have figured things out. I understand that the flex interval is not yet available for Sony A7IV.
I am running into a new issue that I did not have before (the app has been updated to version 3.1.0)
When selecting interval, it gives me two options: Interval & Shots (kind of what you want for an astro stack). and Time and interval (which I guess is useful for other kinds of timelapses).
I want to select interval and shots, but interval is greyed out. I cannot set interval to the desired value (I am on long exposure 1:04m & BULB), would like to set the interval to 1:06, but I am not getting the option anymore. right now, my interval says 30 second, which is of course too short. I'd like nothing more than have the option of changing it.

But I am stuck. My conjecture is that the app update broke something.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xpnbwz0a ... 2d3sa&dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uab4xijw ... 6675f&dl=0

Pierre
recski

December 3rd, 2023, 6:47 am

I had the same problem after the firmware update with my Canon 90D, interval was greyed out no matter what option I chose for interval.
I went around this by resetting factory settings.
It might work for you as well.
By the way the FLEX funcion on the interval tab is not available with my Canon SL3.
Cheers
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 02.39.40.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-03 at 02.39.40.jpeg (31.98 KiB) Viewed 7384 times
pazoulay

December 3rd, 2023, 11:58 pm

Thanks! In my case, it did not help.
Oliver

December 22nd, 2023, 3:13 pm

First of all, sorry for the late reply. It's been a very busy month, but I'm doing my best to catch up with everyone before the Christmas break!

Bugs and issues like this should go into the Bugs and issues forum, which I monitor more frequently than this one.

Yes, this is a problem introduced with the last Android app update.

I'ts in our list of known bugs: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1904, along with a temprorary solution until the next update that will fix this:

Sometimes, after the upgrade to 3.1.0, the timelapse arrows might be in a weird state that shouldn't be allowed.
- This only happens if you had changed these to a specific value before updating, and the new version loaded this previously set value, but interpreted it differently. This is already fixed in the next update, but if you encounter it, simply change both arrows to another value, then back to what you want, and it will be solved.

Happy Holidays!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.