N2 trigger does sporadically not work [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Andy

November 28th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Tourinature wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 12:35 pm
1. The automatic reconnection does not work every time, in some cases a closing and reopening of the app is necessary. No improvement of the problem only by OFF/ON button within the unleashed list.
This is a known issue, and as far as I know, it will be finally fixed this week.

Tourinature wrote:
2. The GPS signal is not stable transferred to the camera, especially within the first three pictures if I trigger constantly in a row.
I will test this. I actually develop the Unleashed mainly using a D7100, but I haven't seen any issues like the ones you mention. How you shoot affects the GPS data transfer. If the camera is idle and then you suddenly release the shutter, then it is expected that GPS data is missing. The Unleashed stops sending GPS data after a while to save power. It starts sending GPS again once the meter goes on. After this, it takes about a second for the camera to start GPS - therefore it is recommended to half-press shortly before starting a new shooting session.

Tourinature wrote:
3. The trigger button, mainly in bulb and T-mode, but in some cases also in normal picture mode with only short opening times. Could be also a not constant and in those cases quite long delay within the handshake between the unleashed and the phone app. Please consider also the several seconds lasting reconnection when I closed last time the app for reconnection (it was for sure not done within several hundred milliseconds).
This is also both a known issue and expected behavior. As mentioned previously, there are some known issues in T- and in Bulb mode.
That the trigger button goes grey shortly after shooting is expected as well. The trigger becomes unavailable when the camera is shooting. If you shoot with slow shutter speeds, you'll see that the trigger goes unavailable with an error "Camera is shooting". When you shoot with fast shutter speeds, the same things happens, but very shortly. Maybe the UI could be optimized to filter out those quick changes with fast shutter speeds to avoid the flickering.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Andy

November 28th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Also, the update with all the fixes will definitely be available before the holidays. We're rolling out a beta next week to select users and then publishing an update for everyone shortly thereafter.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Tourinature

November 29th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Perfectly, thank you very much! :-)
Christian
N2, D7100, iOS12.1, USB cable plugged in