Nikon ZF even in Manual Mode cannot be controlled by Unleashed

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
cthorpe

June 27th, 2024, 7:40 pm

Hi,

Actually very happy with my Unleashed '22 with my Z8 works great. I bought another version to do some holy grails on my ZF recently, but its clear its not working - even with the top hardware dials set to automatic and it in Manual mode. The shutter speed is showing as not available or ISO - is this a known bug or a hardware or user issue?

Thanks
Chris
mopperle

June 28th, 2024, 11:01 am

Pairing worked? Have you the chance to test it on another ZF?
Otherwise I recommend to contact them directly via email. Support via the forum somehow sucks.
Regards,
Otto
cthorpe

June 28th, 2024, 5:26 pm

Everything is paired and "working" with the latest firmware - just the shutter control is greyed out - so Holy grail will not work as it requires Unleashed to control the stutter speed to ramp the exposure.

ZF is an interesting camera where yes it has some manual controls that can override third party apps. But ISO is set to C, so Shutter dail is Set to C which basically turns off the top controls. So this feels like a compatibility issue.