Intervalometer missing???

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Ricky7777

November 18th, 2023, 8:07 am

I have the new unleashed and I can’t for the life of me, find a setting for a simple intervalometer. It seems a shame the app does not have a separate interferometer setting? For example, all I want to do is set my long exposure to let’s say one minute and 21 seconds at a set exposure, for example, for stacking purposes and astrophotography, but I can’t for the life of me, then find the option to simply set the number of exposures? At this stage, one and a half minutes, I would have to trigger the camera to take 10 exposures in a row.

All basic intervalometers allow the user to set the number of captures in an automated fashion. I have tried bracketing and timelapse, but that does not really offer much of a solution.

SurelyI am missing something.? A big big feature request would be to have a separate interval item in the menu where uses can set all the camera settings with the addition of being able to set the number of exposures taken so they can walk away and leave the camera automated to capture, rather than having to return and press the button multiple times. Any help appreciated if I am overlooking an option.
Ricky7777

November 18th, 2023, 8:29 am

Ok. I have the workaround using Timelapse. I guess this replaces intervalometer so I expect this is the solution. I think I have my answer 😊
Oliver

November 18th, 2023, 5:52 pm

Hi, you're right. "Timelapse" is in reality nothing more than an intervalometer. The only timelapse specific thing on that screen is that we show you the resulting playback time at a certain framerate, and the option to drive the number of shots by specifying those two values.

We thought long about naming and made a small market analysis, and ultimately decided for timelapse, as everyone we talked about immediately understood what timelapse is for, but very few people had any idea what an intervalometer was, or what it's for. We figured those that do wouldn't take long to understand that timelapse does the same thing. You proved us right again ;-)
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pazoulay

November 21st, 2023, 4:07 pm

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for this. I am also in the camp of people who are clueless when it comes to timelapses, but have used intervalometers and want to use the unleashed for that purpose. I keep getting error messages about the shutter speed (set to bulb) being too slow to use the timelapse feature in the way you suggest. Might you do a video or a post with pictures on typical settings for the use case mentioned above (taking 10 exposures of 1 minute 21s each)? regards Pierre