Sony A7 iv issues and working good items

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
labadie97

November 4th, 2023, 2:52 pm

Hi, I share my first results after testing Unleashed 22 with Sony A7iv (Android phone).

What works good :

1) The interval ramping works good, until the end as long as you let the device "alone", even if the phone is disconnected. That is really interesting and much more stable than Qdslr Dashboard which can easily disconnect. And using LRT algorithm is better than EV value from camera.

However I get two red warnings all the time :
"Ramp mode is read only, intervalometer is running. Stop the intervalometer and try again".
"Ramping order is read only, camera is shooting. Wait until the camera ends the shot".

2) The holy grail paired with Syrp Genie mini 2 works good now until the end (but of course same red warnings), really interesting !
3) Long exposure / bulb ramping ok.
4) Photo menu ok.

Some problems I have :

Problem 1 :

It is almost impossible to adjust the timelapse during shooting. At the beginning the adjust option is available, but as soon as the phone go to sleep mode and you restart it, the adjust button become gray and no longer available (can still stop the timelapse and navigate through the menus).
That is annoying because it is useful to adjust the holy grail sometimes.

Problem 2 : Flex interval looks not working (But maybe I don't know how to use that function). Once the time value becomes longer than initial interval after ramping, the interval doesn't increase, and the camera just stops shooting.

Problem 3 : The bracketing (EV) works as long as the time value is really far under the limit.
But for instance if I start at 1/10s with 5 photos / 2ev, - 0 + setting, with 10 s limit (should be 1/160, 1/40, 1/10, 1/2.5, 1.6), then the device shoot only 3 or 4 photos and can even change ISO or block some menu items...clearly not very important but I just report the little bug.

Features I would like to have :

- A preview of the last photo,( with histogram like Qdslr dashboard, can be useful for very dark situations when the meter of camera can't work ?). Have a preview on photo menu, but a bit unstable and the problem is the phone looks want to download all photos before displaying the last one ! But just need format sd card before launching and it is solved.

- the possibility to adjust exposure value when I reconnect the phone after sleep mode.

- The possibilty to change algorithm (from sunset to sunrise for instance) for some holygrail with sunset and moon rise for instance. Looks now I can't change the algorithm during shooting.