R6 - Photo trigger… error [Solved with FW3.0.2]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Britzmeister

September 27th, 2023, 7:59 pm

Hi,
Issue with Canon R6. Firmware on camera is 1.8.2.
Firmware on Unleashed ist 3.0.0 for A, B, C
I can take photos, but in Photo Mode I get the error
„Photo trigger is not available“ I cannot see the photo.
In gallery mode , I cannot see any picture from the camera. It is saying „ synchronization complete“ after refreshing and „ No images from the camera yet“ but there are pictures on the card in the camera.
Please help and fix
Tim
bglana

October 6th, 2023, 11:03 am

Dito R7.

Looks like I have the same issue with my EOS R7 Firmware 1.3.1.

I have open another ticket in regards to GPS which is not working. Now I found that another user has some issues too. I guess this might be an additional issue with EOS R cameras.
Oliver

October 6th, 2023, 12:22 pm

Hi,
Please see our "Known bugs" issue on this forum
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1904

about the Gallery issue. - it's especially prevalent if you're only using the second card slot (often the SD slot as opposed to the primary CF Express slot). We're working on a solution.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Oliver

October 6th, 2023, 12:26 pm

Did you send the GPS issue via email?
Geotagging works very differently on the new newer Canons, and involves a few more steps.
We did actually do lots of testing with the R7 during development, so that really should be working.
bglana

October 6th, 2023, 1:04 pm

Thank you Oliver

R7 allows 2 SD cards which I currently use.
Card 1 for jpg and Card 2 for RAW.
No of those 2 cards shows any pictures.
This might be different from the R6. As far as I remember not all Canon R models having this feature.
bglana

October 6th, 2023, 1:31 pm

Oliver wrote:
October 6th, 2023, 12:26 pm
Did you send the GPS issue via email?
Geotagging works very differently on the new newer Canons, and involves a few more steps.
We did actually do lots of testing with the R7 during development, so that really should be working.
Yes I did sent a support request on Sept, 29.

I reinstalled the app, paired the Unleashed again deleted all communication settings in the camera etc.
No chance to get it working.

With the Canon APP and iPhone GPS is working. If there is an issue with the card slot I might affect the GPS too, as no data are written to the file (card)

regards
Andrea
Oliver

November 3rd, 2023, 11:38 pm

We published a Firmware update (3.0.2) this week, which fixes these issues.

Please update your firmware. Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → tap on your Unleashed (near top ) → tap "Firmware"
Scroll down and tap "Install Update". With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.