Unleashed'22 with Nikon D750 [Solved in FW3.0.2]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
sfphotogrphr

September 21st, 2023, 5:09 pm

Hi *,

I received my Unleashed'22 N2 yesterday. So far quite impressed 😌
But I observed the following problems:
  • Gallery: it's not possible to import photos from the camera. Error message: Synchronizing failed. Please retry
  • Bracketing:
    • Exposure Bracketing takes only one shot
    • Focus Bracketing does not work. Camera stays in tethered mode (PC......)
Ideas or solutions?

Stefan
Oliver

September 22nd, 2023, 12:18 pm

Hi!

We've had another report from a Nikon user that gallery is not working, and we're working on adding some logging to be able to find the issue.

We've been testing the Gallery extensively with Nikon cameras, so that should be the safest bet.

Can you tell us your Image quality settings? JPG/RAW/RAW+JPG, dual slot, backup, overflow or Raw on one, jpg on the other, or something else?

If you want to start over, you can delete the app and reinstall it. Then you could test with a fresh memory card with just a few pictures on there.

We'll check out your report about the bracketing issues, can you send us some screenshots of your settings, so we can try to replicate them?
We already have an idea about what might cause the "PC" issue, and will try to fix that in the next update. Focus bracketing is the last thing we added, so it will still benefit the most from more testing.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
sfphotogrphr

September 22nd, 2023, 5:14 pm

Tested:
  • App reinstalled, no change
  • One or two cards inserted & formatted => sync ok and empty result
  • RAW on card 1, JPEG on card 2 => error
  • JPEG only on card 1, slot of card 2 empty => error
Cards formatted in camera, no other card tested yet.

Stefan
sfphotogrphr

September 23rd, 2023, 12:27 pm

Update:
  • Exposure Bracketing worked once, but what I try to change (settings, re-plug, battery-pull, app reinstall) I don't get it again.
  • I got images into the gallery by chance. App ran in background and when I played around I found photos in my gallery. Syncing brings the known error again.
  • Switching the Camera off and on again seems to trigger a sync to gallery once
sfphotogrphr

October 10th, 2023, 7:10 am

Any news on this or do you need additional information?
It would also be ok for me to check a beta via TestFlight.

Stefan
Oliver

November 3rd, 2023, 11:46 pm

Both Gallery and Bracketing issues should be fixed in the latest firmware update 3.0.2
We also published an Android update 3.0.4 with lots of Gallery improvements.

Please update your firmware. Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → tap on your Unleashed (near top ) → tap "Firmware"
Scroll down and tap "Install Update". With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
sfphotogrphr

November 15th, 2023, 7:51 am

Gallery and exposure bracketing now working. Thx.
Focus bracketing still shows PC........