Android 14 & Storage Permission [Solved in App update 3.0.4]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Nils

September 21st, 2023, 6:11 am

Good day,

I have now received my Unleashed. Basically it works very well, but unfortunately not on Android 14 so not on the main device.
There, the app crashes as soon as GPS is activated, which also means that deactivation is no longer possible.

In addition, Samsung devices are constantly asked for storage permission. if this is confirmed, you are directed to the permission tab. However, "Storage" cannot be found under the permissions.
It seems that the permission has not been implemented right.

Tested with:
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (Android 14)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra (Android 13 - LTE)

I hope these bugs can be fixed quickly.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards
Nils
Oliver

September 22nd, 2023, 12:26 pm

Hi, sorry for the trouble.

we already started working on these things, we've received a few crash reports where we could find the cause.
Unfortunately, Android keeps changing the permission requirements with every new Version, and at the same time requires App developers to support the new Versions within a very short timeframe. We do try to test every detail that was changed, but something always seems to fall between the cracks and causes issues like this on certain device+Android version combinations.

We'll do our best to issue an update soon that addresses this problem.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Nils

September 23rd, 2023, 9:44 pm

Good day,

Thank, you for the answer.
I hope the error is fixed quickly, because so I can not use the Unleashed unfortunately at all and is unusable for me, because I do not always want to run around with the giant tablet.

Kind regards
Nils

October 11th, 2023, 1:10 pm

Good day,

When will this problem finally be fixed?
It should be one of the minor issues and also causes the app to not be able to be used.

Kind regards
Nils
Oliver

November 3rd, 2023, 11:48 pm

We fixed this last week with Android app update 3.0.4

Sorry it took so long, but now all Android 14 issues should be a thing of the past.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.