Haptic Feedback and Audible Feedback in Entagged App not working.

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
jhamm

February 25th, 2023, 11:59 pm

Hey, I just updated the Entagged app on my iPhone. The Haptic Feedback and the Enable Audible Feedback on my phone are not working. I have phone turned off from 'silent' mode. I'm assuming this will make the Entagged app beep or Vibrate on a successful or unsuccessful scan? I'm using an Entagged N2 on a Nikon D7200 with the OPN-2006 Bluetooth scanner. I am not using the camera to on the phone to scan the barcodes.

Oliver

February 27th, 2023, 11:31 am

The Audible and haptic feedback are for the App, ie when you scan a code in the app, the phone will make a sound or vibrate.

We'll look into adding the capability to display, sound and vibrate a confirmation when scanning with a scanner, but it is not trivial.
After we send a code to the Entagged, we (try to) write this code to the camera. Then we read back what the camera has stored, send that back as the "new" current code. If that matches the one sent, we show the confirmation. If it doesn't match, we show an error. So without knowing which code was sent to the entagged by the scanner, the app can't really compare it with the one read back.
We do also have a system to add error codes if something goes wrong, and these get displayed in the app, even if the error was caused by a code scanned by a scanner. So we could expand on that, to show some kind of confirmation. However without also knowing the originally scanned code in the app, we would have to make some compromises...
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.