Timelapse => Holy Grail

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pjpmccarthy

July 4th, 2024, 5:12 am

Hi team,
I have (2) Unleashed N2 '22s that I use with my Nikon Z6ii and D780. I recently have had issues with shooting Timelapse sequences on both cameras. Sequence to produce the issue:
1) Start a timelapse on either camera and then switch away from the app on my iPhone.
2) Switch back to the Unleashed app and try to view the Timelapse.
3) Receive the error: "Timelapse trigger is not available. Holy Grail is currently running. Wait for it to complete or stop the holy grail." (screen shots attached)

This happens on both the Z6ii & D780. I'm using the latest software/firmware on both cameras.
A 3.4.2; B 3.4.0; C 3.3.1

If I switch to Holy Grail mode in the application I can see the sequence running. The problem is that the Unleashed starts ramping the exposure. I've been able to work around this by shooting in Holy Grail mode and setting both the Day and Night parameters to the same values. I'm pretty confident that Timelapse mode used to work and the issue arose with a recent update.

Kind regards,
Paul McCarthy
Attachments
IMG_0359.PNG
IMG_0359.PNG (142.62 KiB) Viewed 4141 times
IMG_0356.PNG
IMG_0356.PNG (156.97 KiB) Viewed 4141 times
DaveWegFotografie

August 20th, 2024, 4:14 pm

I have the same issue with the exception, that it does not start auto ramping.
Only after tabbing out and back into the app it shows the progress in the "holy grail" section.

Camera: Nikon z6
Unleashed N2 with the current firmware: A 3.4.2; B 3.4.0; C 3.3.1
App Version: iOS, 3.2.0 (6133)
angryuser

August 22nd, 2024, 10:43 am

Although I am a Sony user, I am familiar with this behaviour - since the last update!

I think it is about time for a statement, Oliver!
pjpmccarthy

August 22nd, 2024, 2:01 pm

Team,
I recently received an update and both the Z6ii and D780 are now at:
A 3.5.0; B 3.5.1; C 3.3.1

The problem with timelapse mode still persists. I have to hack around in the Holy Grail mode to run a regular timelapse sequence. A response would be appreciated.

PS - interesting that this may also be affecting Sony cameras per the latest comment.
angryuser

August 25th, 2024, 6:29 pm

the problem i also described with my sony is only a partial aspect of the problems - what is even more serious - apparently the camera does not save correctly on the sd card. after every photo there is an error message and then the offer to repair the file - not in the app, but on the display of the camera.

that's why i keep asking. HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE?
pjpmccarthy

September 4th, 2024, 8:33 pm

Hi all,
An update. I spent some time troubleshooting the Unleashed connected to my D780 and my Z6ii. They both were experiencing the same issue with the Timelapse mode. I unpaired the Unleashed on the D780, re-paired it, and then did a factory reset. This appeared to clear the issue with Timelapse mode. I then repeated the steps with the Z6ii with the same results.
I was then able to run both cameras simultaneously, switch away to different apps on my iPhone and return to the Unleashed app and all was working as expected. I hope this normal operation continues. I hope these steps can help someone else.
Kind regards,
Paul McCarthy