Unpredictable Behaviour with Fuji

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Withnail

June 11th, 2024, 10:38 am

Hi all.
After months of struggle, testing and being on the verge of returning the Unleashed, Foolography released a firmware update which finally allowed the Unleashed to control the Fuji Xh2. My understanding is that this was apparently some kind of Fuji issue.

Ok.

So here's the thing; after a week of testing Ive discovered that the device is hopelessly unpredictable. In studio conditions using the same camera and U'22 the behaviour of the unit is highly variable and therefore, at present, utterly unusable in the field.

It doesnt matter which algorithm I used. The behaviour was the same, though unpredictable.

The unit will read the camera output and manage both the aperture and shutter speed with some success but falls down when it comes to ISO. Either the ISO remains frozen or will work temporarily - radically and quickly overexposing (2- stops) until eventually and inevitably freezing.

I don't mind being an unpaid Beta tester for this device, but I have little confidence currently that it will ever function reliably in the field. If I can be of any service to Foolography in order to help develop future firmware upgrades that make the product more reliable Im happy to donate my time and effort.

If, on the other hand, the developer sees no clear way to make this into a professional and usable product for Fuji users, Id prefer to know now and save myself the time.

Sincerely.