USB connection not working with 5D IV

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
hennell

June 3rd, 2024, 5:56 pm

Hi,

I have two unleashed m's that I'm trying to use with a canon 90d & a Canon 5D mk4 for some simultaneous shooting.

However while both unleashed's can control the 90D, neither are able to control the 5D or connect to it. They power and connect to the app as expected, but with the serial number of the unleashed, not the model of the camera.

Trying to change any of the 5D settings gets the message "{setting} is not available. USB is not working. Check USB connection, magnetic plug, disabled Wi-Fi in camera and check camera's USB mode."

I've checked (and played with) the micro-usb connection, tried moving it in and out a bit (although it seems to snap in place), tried rotating the model around a bit to see if that helps. Nothing.

I've checked the Wi-Fi and the GPS are off, but can't find any settings about the USB mode. Is there anything I'm missing specific to the 5D?

Latest firmware on both unleasheds, connecting to Android App v 3.2.1.