firmware update keeps failing

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pazoulay

June 2nd, 2024, 7:30 pm

I am trying to update my unleashed firmware to v3.4 (needed for a lot of the functionality, much to my dismay last night). It keeps failing. I have tried the trick of killing the app in Android, turn off bluetooth on the phone, take battery off my Sony A7IV, then do these steps in reverse before attempting a new update. No luck. Could you help?

Regards,

Pierre
birnaofthenorth

June 2nd, 2024, 10:15 pm

When the LED blinks red in the update process, kill the app and restart it, then try the update again. If you get the message ' Reboot Unleashed', press that button, kill the app and try the update again. It might help to yank the camera battery, then re-insert it and try another cycle of updating. Do note the 3.4 version is full of bugs so it's quite likely the situation gets worse instead of being improved.

Hint to Foolography: implement a 'Kill Me' button in the Unleashed app. That would simplify everything.

Even better, fix all the bugs in the application and firmware.